Friday, March 27, 2009

Feed URLS

Seems to me once a blog's feed has been syndicated at Feedburner, it's hard for a visitor to find the feed URL if they need it for some purpose.

I have just been grappling with the problem of getting feed URLs for feeds I'm submitting in the Worlds of Interest (Niche Worlds) at
CAGORA, where I work.

I think it's a good idea where your blog is syndicated at Feedburner to list the feed url somewhere on the blog so people can easily find it - I got so frustrated a few hours ago I nearly walked away altogether from a couple of blogs I was trying to list. I just couldn't get them listed using the original feed addresses and I had no way of knowing if the blog was syndicated on Feedburner or not. I finally found the Feedburner URL by a fluke - and that's not good enough when visitors can click away from any site in a second if they don't find what they want. I'm thinking especially of newbies here.

The Feedburner feed url for this blog is
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/1stClassMarketing
and I shall be listing that URL in the sidebar shortly - AND doing the same for all my other blogs.

Feedburner's great, except for this one little drama......

Patricia Howitt
1stClassWeb.Biz
http://patriciahowitt.com

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment