Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wondering About Twitter??

Not on Twitter yet and wondering if it can do anything for you? I believe it has huge potential - I haven't been at it long and I'm no expert but I'm amazed at who'se on there and how easy it is to access news and interesting information just by keeping an eye on passing tweets.

Below are a couple of links to articles you might find interesting - fairly high-profile assessments of the Twitter phenomenon. And a few thoughts from me:

Twitter Advice

1) Resist the urge to do "having eggs and bacon for breakfast" "now I'm going out for an hour" type posts. These CAN be amusing if you're good at it, but from most people they're not only deadly dull - they fill up a page something wicked. And you know what happens then? ...

2) Don't hesitate to unfollow anyone who bores or annoys you to death. Let them do their thing - BUT - you don't have to watch it: OR get involved.

3) Find someone who speaks your language - be it tech, bizopps or whatever, and start by following a few people from their group - you'll soon feel at home, and if you follow someone with a lot of followers, your radius will grow quickly. Twitter serves a lot of different interests so don't grumble - find your peers.

Twitter Critiques

Enjoy these - might help you make a decision! -
My assessment? - through Twitter I feel more "in touch" with Internet goings-on than I've ever done since I came on the net nearly 12 years ago - BUT don't chase high numbers of followers - and review your list for relevance from time to time!

Patricia Howitt
1stClassWeb.Biz
http://patriciahowitt.com

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I have read/seen some of your posts. I have seen the works of art you have displayed. I liked the same and would love to revisit your website.

    If you like short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one. I assure you that you would get value for the time spent in reading my literature and the articles on paintings.

    The link is:
    PAINTINGS GALLERIES
    I write reviews of other friends' literature and paintings, too. You can see one of the reviews of a pencil drawing here:
    PENCIL DRAWING OF A NUDE

    Naval Langa
    SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA

    ReplyDelete